RISING, LATERAL AND PENETRATING DAMP TREATMENT
The damp proofing treatment of masonry to prevent rising damp has become an essential service to the building maintenance industry in the Cape because of our severe weather and high water table in many areas. Most of our older buildings lack the installation of damp coursing at construction stage. Buildings older than 25 years are also experiencing failure of the old bitumen-based damp course layer.
DAMP PROOFING CAPE TOWN | WESTERN CAPE
Quantum Solutions offers the latest state-of-the-art technology in diagnosing and curing the challenging problem of rising damp in masonry walls. Types of masonry which we treat include: clay, clinker and concrete bricks, and stone.
By means of non-invasive electronic moisture detection instruments we accurately diagnose and record the problem masonry areas of both interior and exterior walls.
Superior Chemical Damp Proofing technology from Europe has now superseded the conventional method of injecting solvent- or water-based liquids into the base of masonry walls.
Although liquid based methods are usually effective, their significant disadvantages are worth noting:
- The injection of liquids can take days to infuse the walls adequately.
- Solvent based liquids often emit an undesirable residual odour whilst evaporating.
- Solvents are flammable and release harmful hydrocarbons into the atmosphere.
- Water-based products inject even more water into the wall prolonging the drying out period.
- This evaporation period considerably delays the replastering of the treated masonry.
- The injection of liquids usually requires the use of elaborate pumping equipment.
- There is a considerable waste factor in using liquids due to the incidence of masonry voids.
CHEMICAL DAMP PROOFING
This technology developed and perfected during two years of trials, uses a concentrated viscous chemical installed in the masonry through holes drilled at measured intervals. Its action is then to transfuse completely through the existing moisture in the masonry to form an impregnable horizontal barrier at which the capillary movement of rising damp is effectively blocked.
Advantages of chemical damp proofing include:
- Comparative tests prove the chemical provides superior protection to the liquid products it replaces.
- The chemical product has been awarded the BBA (British Board of Agrément) performance approval.
- The quantity of chemical injected is strictly controlled ensuring maximum diffusion with no waste.
- No additional liquids are introduced into the masonry; the chemical reacts with the existing moisture.
- The client is put to the minimum inconvenience: The chemical installation procedure can often be done within a day instead of days. This means the period between removing existing plaster at the base of the wall and reinstalling the new waterproof plaster is minimised.
Siloxane water repellent treatment is applied to porous facebrick walls, and also to newly plastered walls as a waterproof primer prior to painting.
Quantum Solutions are fully trained Approved Applicators of this revolutionary technology. You may therefore rely on our experience with complete confidence to perform your work in a proficient manner. Your walls will also be plastered and painted expertly.
Request a Quote
Good Morning Duncan, Forwarding the attached proof of Payment. Thank to Chipera and your team for all their work. Well done to Chipera who did an excellent job controlling the operation and making sure that everything went smoothly.
Thank you for successful completion of all of these renovations. The outstanding amount has been paid in full. See Proof of bank payment.